Designing a More Competitive Infrastructure
A global manufacturing organization facing tough competition turned to Numerof to assess their internal organization and processes. Redefined roles, responsibilities, and competencies provided the necessary infrastructure for success.
- This global engineering and manufacturing company faced increased competition in its core businesses, as well as pressure from emerging niche firms.
- Numerof was initially engaged to assess the company’s business development, marketing, support and project management functions.
- Based on our recommendations, we were asked to facilitate a restructuring of the client’s business development and associated processes.
- We worked with the client to redefine core roles, responsibilities, and competencies for all related functions, and designed training architecture to support capability development.
- We also defined and helped implement new processes and metrics to identify key market trends, which were used to initiate product and service design modifications.
- Subsequent business improvement has been dramatic. Despite significant reduction in direct sales staff, overall sales performance and customer retention improved significantly.
- Additionally, previously siloed groups within the company have adopted a more communicative and collaborative approach.
Related Challenges and Solutions