Strategy Consultant – Life Sciences Practice
Numerof & Associates is a St. Louis-based strategy consulting firm with a 25+ year track record providing strategic development and implementation services to Fortune 1000 companies.
Numerof is currently recruiting for our life sciences practice (pharmaceuticals, medical devices). We are looking for results-driven individuals with excellent business development, project management, and communication skills that want to solve problems at the cutting edge of healthcare today and will thrive in a stimulating, supportive, and fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will bring education and experience in the biological sciences, health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), strategy, policy, and financial analysis. Experience in the pharmaceutical or medical device sectors is required.
Consultants are expected to play a key role in business development, utilizing their industry contacts and experience with the pharma or medical device commercialization process. Consultants also lead project teams to develop customized solutions for a wide range of business challenges, and contribute to internal marketing initiatives, including speaking and writing for publication. Extensive exposure to Principals and more experienced staff in a team-based environment ensure continuous growth and development.
Typical projects involve planning and implementation in strategy, marketing, business development, new business model development, economic and clinical value analysis, alignment of core processes, and other functionally specific challenges for manufacturers selling into healthcare.
Client-facing staff at Numerof enjoy a level of work/life balance that is exceptional for the industry. Our practice model utilizes technology and in-depth client engagement to minimize our client-site presence, allowing staff to complete most project work from our St. Louis offices.
- 4-8+ years corporate or consulting experience (Director level or higher; ideally in pharmaceuticals or medical devices)
- Advanced degree required (PhD, PharmD, MS, MPH or similar )
- Demonstrated track record in business development
- Managerial experience and demonstrated effectiveness as an individual contributor, leader, and team member
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Strong research capabilities and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work at both strategic and operational levels
- Outstanding interpersonal skills