Developing New Growth Platforms
A global pharmaceutical and consumer health company needed to refill its business development pipeline. Numerof identified key trends, defined new growth platforms, and presented a strategically relevant set of candidates.
- In pursuing a portfolio-expanding acquisition strategy, this global pharmaceutical and consumer health company needed to refill its business development pipeline with a new set of candidate products.
- With the pipeline still not replenished after working with two prior consulting firms, the client asked Numerof to take a fresh look at a strategically relevant set of candidates.
- Numerof identified key emerging trends impacting specialists and patients based on primary and secondary research and interviews with physician thought leaders in target segments.
- Based on our analysis and an understanding of the client’s strengths and weaknesses, we recommended three substantial new growth platforms, defined the positioning strategy for each, and showed how they reinforced each other in combination.
- With the platforms as a guide, we assessed hundreds of potential opportunities and identified by priority an ample number of candidates meeting rigorous selection criteria.
- Although our recommendations challenged the client’s existing thinking, the company enthusiastically embraced the platforms as a compelling new direction.
- The framework continues to serve as the client’s model for growth, alliances, and acquisitions.
Related Challenges and Solutions